Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A thought




Trivandrum
15-03-1992


Dear Ammu,

You looked totally fabulous yesterday; in your powder blue sari with the green border having leaf-shaped motifs all over it; your long thick hair neatly plaited right up-to the bottom; and those tiny tear shaped earrings were going absolutely with your sari. I even noticed that you had worn alternating green and blue bangles in your right hand; while a watch was strapped around your left wrist.
I remember thinking that, that was an extremely sensible thing for a girl to do.
 Oh Well ! I guess I am rambling now.
But I guess you get my point. I haven't been able to stop thinking about you from the time I set my eyes on you; God's most beautiful creation till date.

I love you Ammu; and I mean it. Even if you weren't exactly Ms.Gorgeous; I would still love you.


And, am not very bad myself, you know, I completed my engineering from the College of Engineering, Trivandrum last year and am all set to join Tata Steel in the coming May. I am a guitarist and was the lead singer of the music troupe in our college.

I shall be waiting for you in front of the Thycaud Shastha Kovil today evening.
My heart tells me that you will definitely come.

Yours lovingly,
Ravi

Ammu smiled to herself as she read through Ravi’s letter which had been lying at her doorstep along with a bunch of roses that day morning. Her heart welled up with joy at the thought that she would be meeting her beloved that day.

28-Feb-2012

But today, can we still claim that love has not lost its beauty and innocence? Now, love comes with a lot of conditions and certain pre-requisites; reminding you of a business contract. Religion assumes number one priority, followed by family status and looks. And if there is space for a fourth priority, compatibility and character jostle for space here.
I am not saying that this is becoming the norm in all cases; but unfortunately, it is, in the majority.
Most relationships, these days, happen over Skype, Facebook and the like; and may continue over phone calls and messages.
 Isn’t meeting and talking face to face not important anymore?

I hope love doesn’t lose whatever genuinity it has now.

AdiĆ³s por ahora









5 comments:

  1. Good...!! BTW, y r u so obsessed with Spanish?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the first part, about the business contract, most ppl nowadays don want to go thru the hassle of fightin with parents and then get thrown out...so they look for ppl whose name and tags are accepted at home...
    second part... about skype and all that stuff...love is not defined...wat if u meet ur loved one like often but he doesn love u back the way u do...loving is more important and not how....
    sorry if ive become a lil offensive...pakshe im impressed...its a brave topic...

    mantener el ritmo de la escritura ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm.. maybe.. But I still blv that virtual love cannot actually compensate for the 'physical prescence' part.
    Thankyou for goin thru my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm ok cool i understand...n u don have to thank each time i read...ellam koodi orikyal paranjal mathi...

    ReplyDelete