Monday, February 20, 2012

Que Dios los bendiga ..( written on the day of Soumya's verdict )

I don’t know whether you know me; but today I want you to hear me out. Today is a very big day for me; and maybe the most important day for my family ever. Before I get to the significance of this day; let me tell you something about me.

I was all of 23; full of zest and zeal, just starting to experience life. I come from a not so well to do family. I lived with my mother and younger brother in a small village near Shornur, Thrissur. My father abandoned us five years back (running six now); my sick mother cannot afford to leave her job as a domestic help in a big house and my younger brother who is yet to complete his school is working as a driver.


I loved to study and was a decently good student (if I may say so). But, unfortunately I did not have the money to complete my hotel management course; and when I got a job to work as a sales girl in Oberon Mall, Kochi, I jumped at the opportunity. I thought this would bring me one step closer to my dream of working in a bank someday. I needed to save a lot of money so that I could buy a car for my mother.

For one and a half months I travelled from Kochi to my home once every week. I still remember the beaming faces of my mother and brother as they waited expectantly for me at the station. I would regale them with my tales of the mall and my job; while I devoured the delicious ‘biriyani’, my mother would somehow manage to prepare without fail.

That day was special. I was practically floating in air as I boarded my home-bound train on Feb 6, 2011. You might have guessed the reason for my extreme happiness. Yes! You got it right.

The next day, my prospective husband was all set to visit our house. I could feel my heart doing little leaps and bounds of joy. I just couldn’t wait to reach home that day.
The train inched towards Vallathol Nagar. I was a mere ten minutes away from my station. I called my mother and told her that I would be right there; and she replied saying the ‘biriyani’ was steaming. I smiled to myself and gathered my belongings.

But then, Satan came, in the form of a man and destroyed everything - my hopes, my all. I died.

And along with me,my family too.

I do not wish to go into the gory details; I ‘m sure you know this part of my life better than I do.

Now, I’ll get to the point.
Today is the day of my verdict, in your world - the world of the mortals. It no longer affects me as I have joined the angels now.
But my mother and brother still live there; amongst you; as one of you.

There was a lot I wanted to do for them; but I was forced to depart with all my dreams up in the air and pending.

Today, I request your heartfelt prayers and sincere support for them.

Please do this, for me.

Love,
…………

No comments:

Post a Comment