Friday, February 17, 2012

Obituary

Dear madam/sir,


I died yesterday. I didn’t have a wife who cried uncontrollably over my frigid, lifeless body. I didn’t have lovely little children who sobbed for the darling father whom they looked up to. I also didn’t see any friends weeping for and mourning their loved friend’s sad demise.Mine was a very cheerless and morbid death. A death I hope none of you will ever have to face.

Did you ever think of all the wonderful things I had provided you over the last so many years? There was a time when I would let you watch all the new movies you wanted to; I would let you have free rides to the town and back in the bus; I would let you have your desired ice-cream and popcorn whilewatching the movie in the theatre; I would even let you have free rides to the town and back in the bus. I would do all this and more for you withoutmouthing a single word of complaint. How could you forget everything so fast?

You could have stopped by killing me. Why did you have to kill my younger kinspersons too? I hope you have achieved what you wanted to by wiping off my entire clan.

Anyway, if any of you possess a picture or replica of me, please do guard it with all your life. I am sure it will bring you riches in plenty.

Yours remorsefully and dolefully,



25 paisa coin

No comments:

Post a Comment